February 17, 2023 is National Caregivers Day. Here at Aging Outreach Services, caregivers are a key pillar in helping our clients age well. Caregivers help loved ones age on their own terms, whether that’s in the home, in a care community or even living with family members in multi-generational homes. We celebrate caregivers this month and honor the commitment caregivers make to their clients, their families, and their communities.
Here are 10 Caregiving Quotes for Inspiration and Encouragement:
1. “There are only four kinds of people in the world. Those who have been caregivers. Those who are currently caregivers. Those who will be caregivers, and those who will need a caregiver.” — Rosalyn Carter
2. “It is not the load that breaks you down. It’s the way you carry it.” — Lena Horne
3. “Care is a state in which something does matter; it is the source of human tenderness.” ― Rollo May
4. “You have two hands. One to help yourself, and one to help others.” — Audrey Hepburn
5. “Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.” — Saint Teresa
6. “What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. “The closest thing to being cared for is to care for someone else.” – Carson McCullers
8. “The shortest distance between two people is a smile.” – Victor Borge
9. “Caregiving often calls us to lean into love we didn’t know possible.” Tia Walker
10. “We’re all just walking each other home.” Ram Dass
Get Our Newsletter
Navigating life after 50 can be complex for you and your loved ones. We’re here to help with tips, advice, and answers to questions. When you sign up for our newsletter, we’ll let you know by email when we publish new articles that can help you.